cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 5230: Can I use all of the network ports for backup?

evo
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi All,

I have a Netbackup 5230 appliance 2.6.0.2 with 4x1Gb network port. I need to use eth0 for initial configuration. So I will bond rest of the network ports. 

Can I include eth0 to bond, after initial configuration?

Regards

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

That is now supported .. not sure if it was 2.6.0.2 or later so worth checking.

You can use the CLISH to "unconfigure eth0" after which you can unbond the others and then rebond but include eth0 in the selection.

Do this all from the IPMI console (or locally) and when nothing is happening on the appliance

View solution in original post

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

As per Mark's reply above this is supported since 2602, and I regularly use this approach.

I generally create a bond of eth1/2/3 during initial configuration and complete the configuration of the appliance.  Then via the IPMI interface I unconfigure eth0, linkaggregation disable the bond (which leaves the IP details on eth1), then linkaggregation enable including eth0/1/2/3 - job done.

AJ

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

That is now supported .. not sure if it was 2.6.0.2 or later so worth checking.

You can use the CLISH to "unconfigure eth0" after which you can unbond the others and then rebond but include eth0 in the selection.

Do this all from the IPMI console (or locally) and when nothing is happening on the appliance

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

As per Mark's reply above this is supported since 2602, and I regularly use this approach.

I generally create a bond of eth1/2/3 during initial configuration and complete the configuration of the appliance.  Then via the IPMI interface I unconfigure eth0, linkaggregation disable the bond (which leaves the IP details on eth1), then linkaggregation enable including eth0/1/2/3 - job done.

AJ

evo
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Great. Thank you guys.