cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 7.0.1 Deduplication Failure

Persian
Level 3

For some reason I cannot use Deduplication. I have the license but after restarting the services I do not get the Wizard to create storage server. I believe some sort of patch maybe needed to fix this GUI issue. Credentials only show NDMP Host and nothing else.

I also see the following two events in Event Viewer:

The description for Event ID 1 from source spoold cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

26016: Symantec PureDisk Content Router: Initialize failure.

25002:

BadValue : (none)

File : C:\Program Files\Veritas\pdde\pdregistry.cfg

Section : Symantec\PureDisk\ContentRouter

Entry : ConfigFilePath

Reason : Empty or missing configuration directive, file not found or access denied.

The description for Event ID 1 from source spad cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

26016: Symantec PureDisk Storage Pool Authority: Initialize failure.

25002:

BadValue : (none)

File : C:\Program Files\Veritas\pdde\pdregistry.cfg

Section : Symantec\PureDisk\ContentRouter

Entry : ConfigFilePath

Reason : Empty or missing configuration directive, file not found or access denied.

1 REPLY 1

Sachin_Pathare
Level 4
Employee Certified

In the NBU Admin Console, is the option "Configure Disk Storage Servers" visible,

if not - its definately a license issue, you can call Symantec Sales Customer Service and ask for a temp license key to check if that enables the required option.

if yes - Are we getting any error when we try to start the "Configure Disk Storage Servers" wizard.

Thanks.