Did you mean: 

Pure Disk installation hanging

Squ1d
Level 2
Partner

I am installing PDOS and it is hanging at 96% prepare system for initial boot

Unmounting all mounted devices ...

Has anyone seen this behavior before?
I am attempting to pre-stage the server so there is no network or DNS servers, would it be attempting to contact the DNS server and hang the install if it can't?

4 REPLIES 4

Ascyab
Not applicable

Hi

I am having the same problem.

I will leave it overnight and reinstall tomorrow.

However wondering if you had any luck with this.

I think i will disconnect the Fiber channel connection and also the network connection. Just iLo to build the server and see if that works.

Regards

Ace

Squ1d
Level 2
Partner

Ascyab

I shiped the server to it's final location and once it was able to comunicate with  the active directory server and find it's DNS enrty the install was 100% sucessful.

I was not sucessful in preloading the PD o/s prior to shipping the hardware to it's final location.

bartman10
Level 4
This is a known issue. You have to have dns set up correctly before you install PDOS. I hope you left the DVD in the drive because part 2 of the install loads more packages.

Kerry_LeRoy
Level 3

I am seeing the same thing if I have the server connected to the SAN. Disconnect from SAN and the process will complete.  We then run into the issue of seeing the SAN disk properly after the server is up and reconnected to the SAN. Storage Foundation does not recognize the disk properly and we have been stuck with a server we can't provision. 

We have the 6.6.1 patch but can't install it because we have not installed the SPA software so the checks in the script fail.  This has been extremely frustrating and we still need to find a fix.