cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6.5.2a and 196 error window closed

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

is anybody else seeing problems where a job starts and fails with a 196 (window closed) when the job only ran for 58 seconds.

window opens at 22:00 and goes to 6:00 next morning.

job started 10:36:21

active start 10:36:21

ended 10:37:19

this is about the third one I have seen do this.... anybody else?

5 REPLIES 5

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
On closer look I see that it is the parent job that had the error even though all the children were successful.

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
do you have the nbpem bin who fix all the schedules issues? 6.5.2a is not enough against the nbpem bugs under 6.5.2 you need the engineering bin.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I have the same problem on Linux (Suse 10 SP1). nbpem v5 solved most of the problems, however multistreamed backup with infinity retention still fails with status 196.

Sill working with Symantec support to solve the issue....

Regards

Nicolai

Dave_Drummond
Level 3
I had a similar problem which was caused by me having a window from 23:59:59 to 24:00:00 which was not visible in the GUI interface.  You could have the reverse, ie a small hole in your schedule ?  Use bpplsched tstpolicy -L -label schedule to check the schedule is oky.

Thomas_Landry
Level 2

We had the same problem and installed the nbpem binary fix... no more errors Smiley Happy

To correct another bug, we installed the patch 6.5.2a and 196 errors are back ! Smiley Sad

We have to remove the patch 6.5.2a and re-install the binary fix... and wait the 6.5.3 version ???

Solaris 8 SPARC - NetBackup 6.5.2

Message Edited by Emmanuel Gonzales on 10-14-2008 12:13 AM
Message Edited by Emmanuel Gonzales on 10-14-2008 12:14 AM