cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALTPATH for Veritas Netbackup Enterprise

Tony_Hrdlicka
Level 2

I am trying to use the ALTPATH for the storage location for the images.  I need to understand what type of file the ALTPATH Needs to be.  Is it a text file or a file like hosts with no file extension.  In addition I can not find the location where I can update the catalog backup with the new location for the images.  Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

OK - not problem then - a hot catalog backup will follow the altpaths - just need to make sure they get matched if you ever do a DR restore

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

It is a flat file, no extension and it is case sensitive (I believe)

If you are still on the Veritas version then right click on the catalog section and select "confugure catalog backup"

In there will be a files tab where you can add thenew path in.

Here is some advice:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH33618

It may be easier to move the entire images directory if space is your issue - there are tech notes on that.

Of course you should also really be upgrading to the Symantec version.

Tony_Hrdlicka
Level 2

Thanks for the info however, when I right click on the Catalog option I only get three choices they are

1. Configure Offline Netbakup Catalog Backup

2. Perform Offline backup of the Netbackup Catalog

3. Restore NetBackup catalog.

I am currently configured to run on-line hot catalog backups and when I try to configure it there is no files tab.

I am running version 6.5.6 of Veritas Netbackup by Symantec.

Anymore assistance is appreciated.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

OK - not problem then - a hot catalog backup will follow the altpaths - just need to make sure they get matched if you ever do a DR restore