cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After upgrade of NB from 6.5.5 to 7.5.0.1 policies listing on console is slow

susindran_surul
Level 6

Hi Folks,

One quick solution required from all.I have upgraded from 6.5.5. to 7.5.0.1 on our environment.After upgrade java console is loading fast and i can able to see activity monitor,device monitor & media very quickly but if we click policies its taking 10 to 15 minits to load all policies list.I have changed memory initialize to 512MB & Maximum memory to 1024 MB and NBJAVA_CORBA_DEFAULT_TIMEOUT=1200 but still its slow.

Any one faced this kind of issue before?

My master,media server is soalris 10.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

hi,

Please apply patch 7.5.0.4 and check how it works.

i had the same issue when i check with 7.5 and improved with 7.5.0.4 .. 

hope it helps to you also.. 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

RamNagalla

hi,

Please apply patch 7.5.0.4 and check how it works.

i had the same issue when i check with 7.5 and improved with 7.5.0.4 .. 

hope it helps to you also.. 

susindran_surul
Level 6

Hi Nagalla,

At this moment we can't suddenly chnage patch upgradation because we already tested 7.5.0.1 on all clients because all critical server has been configured and getting down time for upgrade is difficult.Symantect given any idea for this slowness issue?

Thanks,

Susi.S

RamNagalla

you does not need to upgraded the clients at this time,  just upgrade the master server , and it would not take more than 30 min..

higher version of master servers(7.5.0.4) will still support the lower version of the clients(7.5.0.1). so you can upgrade the clients later when you have enough time..

desission is yours...

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Did you miss this recommendation in the Upgrade Portal?

4.  NetBackup 7.5 Maintenance Release 4 (7.5.0.4) should be applied immediately after the 7.5 installation has been completed.

You may also be experiencing one of the many issues described in Late Breaking News Bulletin, for example: 

(ET2832342) <<Fixed in 7.5.0.4>> <<Fix Downloadable>> After upgrading to NetBackup version 7.5 through 7.5.0.3, multiple bpdbm processes appear to be using excessive CPU time.
 http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH193765

PLEASE upgrade your master to 7.5.0.4 ASAP...

susindran_surul
Level 6

Thanks marianne..Let me check and get back to you.

Thanks,
Susi.S

inlikefletch
Level 3

I am having a similar issue with slowness of policies loading once I click on one.  I am running 7.5.0.4.  I believe the slowness started once we upgraded/utilized the Vray side of things and created policies to backup VMs.]

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jason

susindran_surul
Level 6

Still working with symantec.Some of the client reverse lookup is not working and symantec recommand to fix reverse lookup issue.I am working with network team to fix the issue.Let you know about performance. once issue fixed.

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

I'd be interested to know if bppllist -allpolicies -U is also slow?

inlikefletch
Level 3

what is bppllist? is that a command i can run from the master server?  something to run from the console?

Jason

susindran_surul
Level 6

There is no issue with bppllist command..its run within 2 minits for all policy list.

susindran_surul
Level 6

You should run from master server.Below is command..

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bppllist -allpolicies -U

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Great so it's just a java console issue, I'd recommend what Marianne suggested and upgrade to 7.5.0.4 on the Master server.

susindran_surul
Level 6

I dont think slowness issue will resolve if we upgraded because you can see same problem having another one person with 7.5.0.4 version...

Hope its problem with DNS name resolution and i m working on it.Will get back to you with result soon.

klp
Level 3

We also have same issue of slow (or failed) population of policy list in gui after upgrade to 7.5.0.4.  Similar behaviour in 2 different environments at 7.5.0.4. 

susindran_surul
Level 6

Klp,

Please go and delete decommisoned policy and servers from the active policy list...Then do the cach cleanup.Your issue will be resolve 70% slowness..