cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(BMR) Windows client Restore Failed To Verify Backup --rc(131)

eng_elfateh
Level 4

Hi All ,

:)

wish Find you well

i Have Symantec Netbackup Master Server 7.1 running on Windows 2008 R2 (64)

trying to Restore BMR for Windows Client 2008 R2 (64) to VM or physical

Note Number One*

when i Prepare to Restore Client this Warring Message appears

120px_Warrning prepare to restore to VM.jpg

Note Number Two*

Error Appears at the Client Machine while Restoreing

120px_Error While Restore VM and Phy.jpg

Note Number three*

A- this Error Appears for Restoreing to Physical and Virtual Machines

120px_Warrning prepare to restore to physical_0.jpg

B- i tried to Backup And restore another Server 2008 R2 And Success

C- this is the Warring Message for preparing the restore to <similar> Physical Server

D- i Followed this Article but i didn't get my problem solved http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH87087

E- Both server and Client was Running Netbackup 7.0.1 then Upgraded to 7.1

F-  Picture attached

Please Help Me...

Sincerely,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

Verify Backup generally fails in the restore environment, when client/master/media hostname-> ip-address resolution is not correctly set either in the restore env or on master or media server.

Generally happens when user defines hostname as short name in BMR enabled backup policy where actually resolution happening by DNS server is using FQDN.

Using "open file" menu in the restore env, open x:\windows\system32\cmd.exe to open command prompt.

Do notepad x:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file and check hostname ip resolution. Correct entries if require. Make sure on master and media server also this is correctly set. Resume restore in the same environment.

Thanks.

Mandar

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

Verify Backup generally fails in the restore environment, when client/master/media hostname-> ip-address resolution is not correctly set either in the restore env or on master or media server.

Generally happens when user defines hostname as short name in BMR enabled backup policy where actually resolution happening by DNS server is using FQDN.

Using "open file" menu in the restore env, open x:\windows\system32\cmd.exe to open command prompt.

Do notepad x:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file and check hostname ip resolution. Correct entries if require. Make sure on master and media server also this is correctly set. Resume restore in the same environment.

Thanks.

Mandar