cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMR support for blade servers?

maj_rif
Level 4
Hi,
Any one of you has tried to restore the blade server using BMR. In earlier version of NetBackup 6.0 I was unable to restore the blade server using BMR.

Any experience or success story? I am unable to find the support in BMR document.

Look forward for reply.

Majrif.
5 REPLIES 5

Claudio_Veronez
Level 6
Partner Accredited
What OS are you using?

there is some SO, like SuSE Linux that  BMR still can't do.

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

No matter what type of sever, BMR supports when the target client meets the compatibility requirements.
But actually it depends on HW configuration(SAN/iSCSI boot host is more harder than DAS host), NIC/storage chips and drivers.
I heard from my colleague that  he failed BMR recovery boot with some HP10Gb NIC on Windows 2003 because RIS driver  for this chip are not released so far.

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

AmolV
Level 5
1. Blade Servers are supported. Yes, there are some issues seen, but Symantec Support will help you out.
2. @Claudio: SuSE is supported in BMR. SuSE 10 & 11 support will be added soon. If you need SuSE10 urgently, you could contact your account rep. to check for a support exception.

g_man1
Level 3
I have successfully restored a Dell PE 1855 blade using BMR. There is a known issue with their NIC cards, so you have to manipulate the boot image (which is kind of a pain). But to answer your question -- yes, I have restored to a blade with BMR