cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up SPS 2003/Document Level

AshGrove_JT
Level 4

I am new to NBU 6.5.2 and in the process of testing.  I am to the point of testing Backup and Restore of SharePoint 2003.  I have successfully backed up everything, but I am trying to configure the Document level backups so i can restore documents if need be.  I've gone through the SPS Admin guide and think I've got it setup correctly. 

I'm backing up the follow directives (Doc level restore)

Microsoft SharePoint Resources:\All Portals

Microsoft SharePoint Resources:\Configuration DB*

Microsoft SharePoint Resources:\All Portal DBs*

Microsoft SharePoint Resources:\All Team Sites

Microsoft SharePoint Resources:\Document Library Store*

Microsoft SharePoint Resources:\Document Libraries

but when I try and run a backup I get:

Invalid command parameter(20)

But if I unselect the attribute (Enable Document Restore) everything works.  Any ideas?  Do I have the wrong backup selection for a Document level restore?

Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Try specifying just ONE path in the backup selections and seeing if it will run when Document Level Restore is enabled.

If it does (and I bet it does), I think that might be a bug, and you would want to open a case.

Message Edited by CRZ on 08-01-2008 10:58 AM

AshGrove_JT
Level 4

Does it matter which one?

I tried removing everything except "Microsoft SharePoint Resources:\All Portals" and I get error 144 (Invalid command usage) so then I added "Microsoft SharePoint Resources:\" to backup the entire farm and now it comes up with Error 200 (Scheduler found no backups due to run)

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I didn't think it mattered which one, but we're both learning I don't know much about backing up SharePoint Smiley Sad

I would suggest trying the single entry "Microsoft SharePoint Resources:\*" but I have a feeling you're already not using that for a good reason.

You would probably want to open a case and get someone who actually knows what they're talking about, as opposed to me.  :)

Message Edited by CRZ on 08-01-2008 11:21 AM

AshGrove_JT
Level 4

Thanks anyway for the help...

I tried adding the "Microsoft SharePoint Resources:\* entry, but got the same 200 error...

I'll open up a case with Support.

Thanks.

Lee_Adams
Level 3
Did you resolve this in the end?  I'm getting the same issues with my NBU 6.5.2 set up trying to enable document level restores.