cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up a Citrix server with NBU 5 MP6.

ABT
Level 3
Im getting many failed backups on two of my new citrix servers. Is there a special wand i must waive to get them to work?  I recieve network time out errors.
Can anyone help?
Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

Stumpr2
Level 6
I'm curious as to why you want to backup citrix. Usually it is much faster to simply replicate from another citrix server or to build from a ghost image for a DR scenario

ABT
Level 3
thats a very good question Bob. Honestly I do not have the answer. I was "told" to back them up. so I h ave about 6 Hp Blades running Citrix. I can add the servers to a policy, but it seesm that they cant be communicate with teh master NBU server. im at a loss...

ABT
Level 3
Any NBU reccomendations?

Stumpr2
Level 6
nothing special. just troubleshoot them as any other client. Network timeout is usually a name resolution problem.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
I backup ten Citrix servers, most of the time no problem, even though they do seem to get rebuilt fairly often.

What status codes do your backups fail with?

If status 41, have you tried increasing the CLIENT_READ_TIMEOUT on the media server?  This setting controls (in seconds) how long the media server will wait before deciding/concluding that the client is no longer alive/communicating.  The default is 300 seconds (5 minutes).  If you are getting status 41, try increasing by 300 second increments until the problem is resolved.  If you get to 30 minutes (i.e. 1800 seconds) and it's still failing then try the "Status 41 In Depth Troubleshooting Guide", which can be found here using a search: