cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup and delete

prominen
Level 3

Hi, I have a situation where I want to backup whole content in a folder and after the backup has finish it will auto delete all the content inside that folder every hour.

Is there any way to do this? So far, I only know netbackup can perform backup every hour but not delete.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Create a policy (windows-nt or standard), add your client you want as if you would when doing a backup,  add the User Archive Schedule (see screenshot), and then add the files you want archived to the backup selection list.

Then initiate with bparchive to test. If it works, then put it in a script and schedule.

Screen Shot 2015-01-14 at 11.32.08 AM.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi,

Take a look at this note, it covers your requirement.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH28918

prominen
Level 3

Hi, thanks for the info...but the guide doesn't specific how to properly configure the policy in netbackup.

I've setup Task scheduler pointing to the command bat file but I didn't see any activity for that policy in netbackup...seems like it doesn't run at all...

RiaanBadenhorst

Create a policy (windows-nt or standard), add your client you want as if you would when doing a backup,  add the User Archive Schedule (see screenshot), and then add the files you want archived to the backup selection list.

Then initiate with bparchive to test. If it works, then put it in a script and schedule.

Screen Shot 2015-01-14 at 11.32.08 AM.png

prominen
Level 3

Ok got it...Thanks

Marianne
Level 6

This type of backup can not be automated with the NBU scheduler.
It can only be run manually from the client.
To automate it on the client, create a script with bparchive command and use OS or external scheduler to start it.
A User Archive schedule is still needed in a policy for the client with open window during which user archive will be allowed.

Other posts about NBU archive:

Archive backup setup 

how archiving is happening in netbackup? 

User archive backup doesn't delete the backed up files 

prominen
Level 3

the archiving process is run smoothly...Now SAP team required all of the archiving process log is link to SAP db for their reference.

How to do this? from the guide, there is one archive log txt file generate.

Thanks