cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup failing with error 25

rajeshthink
Level 4

Hi I have backup for linux , which are failing with error 25.

* The telnet from client to master and vice versa works.

* my bptestbpcd -client <client_name> -debug -verbose work and provide right output.

but when i initiated the Job it failes with error 25.

I have selected mount point and ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES , But as soon i change the mount point to / , /boot and /var it is success.

Observed the backup fails after begin Stream Discovery: Stream Discovery and then fails.

I have selected multistreaming in the backup policy.

cheer,

Rajesh Kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes I have a connectivity from media but not from Master . ( and That the way i want)

Then you can never use ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES.

When ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES is used, Master needs to connect to the client to determine streams.

I believe this is documented in Appendix A of the Troubleshooting Guide.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Marianne
Level 6

Do you have separate master and media server?

If so, you need to check connectivity from master and media server.

Ensure that bpcd log folder exists on client. copy log file after next failure to bpcd.txt and post here as File attachment.

rajeshthink
Level 4

Yes I have a connectivity from media but not from Master . ( and That the way i want)

as i mention connectivity from Media is perfect , Also the STU which are been used in Policy are associated with the same media server.

I dont have client access  , Any suggestion from you past expirences or logic can be helpfull.

Cheer,

Rajesh Kumar

Syed_saied
Level 4

HI,

Refer below artical, and also restart the services of master and client server.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO50802

Syed_saied
Level 4

Refer this one also might be help full.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH45382

rajeshthink
Level 4

Syed .. If my backup are working with individual mount point  , why do we suspect that Netbackup client services would have some issue.

I dont agree with NBU service Refresh.

Cheer,

Rajesh Kumar

Marianne
Level 6

Then you can never use ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES.

When ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES is used, Master needs to connect to the client to determine streams.

I believe this is documented in Appendix A of the Troubleshooting Guide.

rajeshthink
Level 4

I  Dont agree with the Statment " Master needs to connect to the client to determine streams "

I some how fix the problem with Changing the Volume Pool.

But still My master doent have connectivity with client and give error 25 while doing bptestbpcd , But now my problem is resolved since i am able to Backup ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES with specific media server.

Cheer,

Rajesh Kumar

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

>> I  Dont agree with the Statment " Master needs to connect to the client to determine streams "

You might disagree with it, but its true. When you use ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES the master connects to the client, the clients runs bpmount, and that information is sent to the media server from the Master.