cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup over a T1 line, does anyone have an idea of what the performance is?

Fay_Freid
Not applicable
Hello All,

Need to backup 5 or 6 servers over a T1 line. I am assuming that I will get even less than 1.5 mb/s.
I would like to start with a full and possibly backup just the differences. Before attempting to test it, I wanted to see if anyone in this forum can help me set my expectations right from the beginning. The backups will be going to disk and hopefully I can do a weekly synthetic backup to consolidate the incrementals.

Other option I was thinking of was to backup the data over the WAN using the flashbackup option and then just the incrementals. Would the incrementals be just a delta of the bytes? And can I consolidate flashbackup backups?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
F.
2 REPLIES 2

G_S
Level 4
Theoretically max throughput is 187.5KB/s....you'll probably see 170-180. I've done it over a dual T1 but that's the smallest I've done. Synthetics are probably the best way to go assuming no database servers in the remote site.

Fay_Freid_2
Level 2
Hi G S,

Thank you for your note.

There are two SQL and 2 Exchange servers... The SQL servers export their data through SQL maintenance. And Exchange is Exchange...

Can Synthetic backup work with Exchange?...