cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bare Metal Restore

NB_BCE_Adkisson
Level 3
Employee

Would love to hear any feedback about your experience with BMR.  Implementations, upgrades, planning, etc.

Anyone out there using BMR heavily in your Netbackup domains?  I would love to hear the feedback you have on the stategy that led to using BMR.  Any shortcomings, pitfalls, etc.

Thanks for your time!

3 REPLIES 3

Rajesh_s1
Level 6
Certified

Hi Adkisson,

We are majorly into windows platform . Currently our master and most of the clients are in win 2008-R2 with Netbackup 7.0 . I planned long time before about BMR implementation but i came to know that windows 2008-R2 won't supports on Netbackup 7.0 and its supported in 7.1 . Earlier we were in Netbackup 6.5.1 with win 2003 -64 bit  , but in that time also win 64 but was n't suppoted and we dropped.

So first of all i need to upgrade my master and rest of my clients to 7.1 . So this time i planned to implement BMR , which makes life easy at a DR situations .

Earlier i done some test for win 2003 and it was very good . Totally we have around 300+ windows clients in which i need to cover entire environemnt into BMR.

If you have any suggestion on this implementaion please guide me...

Regards,

Rajesh

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

>>> but i came to know that windows 2008-R2 won't supports on Netbackup 7.0 and its supported in 7.1

<Mandar> Correcting NBU version supporting Windows 2008/R2 BMR. The support has been added in 7.0.1 release (patch on top of 7.0 base release).

7.1 is next door NBU release which is yet not GA.

Thanks.

-Mandar

jim_dalton
Level 6

Pitfall..if you havent got a clean (status 0) backup then your BMR plan may come apart.

I have/had status 1 (with errors relating to system_state) and it wont BMR recover. So make sure all BMR clients backupsare utterly clean. This may not be as simple as it looks depending on the root cause of the error(s).

Jim