Did you mean: 

Calendar w/retries allowed after runday and window crosses midnight

Stumpr2
Level 6
NB 6.5.4
Calendar schedules
window crosses midnight
retries allowed after runday
Monthly runs last Saturday night of the month as described above so window extends to Sunday
Weekly runs every Saturday night as described above so window extends to Sunday

Now I do not want a Weekly backup to run on the same weekend as the Monthly.
Do I need to put an exclude date on both the last Saturday of the month and the following Sunday?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Bob, I will share what works for us:
Being 'old-school', I stay with Frequency-based as much as I can - Daily and Weekly are configured as Frequency and Monthly and Yearly as Calendar-based.

Example of how we do this:
Weekly (frequency-based) schedule has open window from Sat 19:00 - Sun 15:00.
Monthly (calendar-based) schedule configured for every last Saturday of the month with open window Sat 18:50 - Sun 15:00.

The 10 minutes 'head-start' is my way of ensuring that only the Monthly will kick off. Weekly will be skipped as another Full within same policy is already running.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Bob, I will share what works for us:
Being 'old-school', I stay with Frequency-based as much as I can - Daily and Weekly are configured as Frequency and Monthly and Yearly as Calendar-based.

Example of how we do this:
Weekly (frequency-based) schedule has open window from Sat 19:00 - Sun 15:00.
Monthly (calendar-based) schedule configured for every last Saturday of the month with open window Sat 18:50 - Sun 15:00.

The 10 minutes 'head-start' is my way of ensuring that only the Monthly will kick off. Weekly will be skipped as another Full within same policy is already running.

Kevin_Good
Level 5
Certified
You can either put an exclusion in the Full for the weekend of the Monthly backup, or put a 10 minute delay in scheduled start times, this will also work for Incremental backups, if there is a delay in the start time for an incremental, it will not run if the full is already queued, or active.