cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can one Disk pool can be a part of Multiple Domain server?

Priteshp
Level 3
Partner Accredited

we have have a Data Domain in our environment.

we have configured DD over IP by creating Daily, weekly, Monthly.yearly

now we wish to configure the DD over FC (DFC) we have created a seprate Storage server for the FC, now we have 2 storage server.

can I configured my exsisting disk pools Daily, weekly, Monthly & yearly for newly created Storage server i.e DFC?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Have you looked at the Data Domain OS 5.4 administration guide page 243 ?

https://my.datadomain.com/download/doc/appliance/5.4.x/DD_OS_5_4_AdminGuide.pdf?fsearch=1&query=5.4+Administration+Guide&pagenumber=1&size=10&index=0&filterids=1175

Since BOOST work with both IP and FC I think you will be able to write to the same Mtree (Data Domain STU). However AIR/optimized replication is not working using Data Domain fibre channel transports.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please explain seprate Storage server ?

A Storage Server in NBU terms is the DD appliance.

So, is it another DD server?
or a new media server?
or a new master server?

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Do you ask if you can write backup via IF and FC, at the same timer, from the same Netbackup Domain

or

Do you ask if you can write backup via IP from one Netbackup Domain, and via FC from another Netbackup domain ?

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

hi Priteshp

you need to create the disk pools in Netbackup again.. because disk pool is associated with Storage server.

if you want you can use the same Storage-unit ( DDboost storage unit in DD) to create a Disk pools in Netbackup.

but i would suggest you to create  a differnent Storage-unit ( DDboost storage unit in DD)  in DD for Fiber transport use. that will give you the easy adminnistration.

Priteshp
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Please explain seprate Storage server ?

we have one DD server using it's host name for the DD over IP and another host name for DD over FC which start with DFC

A Storage Server in NBU terms is the DD appliance.

So, is it another DD server? No it the same DD Server
or a new media server? Master media is the same server.
or a new master server?

Hi Nicolai

Do you ask if you can write backup via IF and FC, at the same timer, from the same Netbackup Domain

yes.

Hi Nagalla,

why I want to use the same Diskpool is that they have a association in background for the AIR. if I have to create a new one then I have to create STU at the DR DD server as well and have them associated with the primary DD server. So the question is shall I use the existing DP or shall I create fresh DP for the DFC? what will be the best practice?

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Have you looked at the Data Domain OS 5.4 administration guide page 243 ?

https://my.datadomain.com/download/doc/appliance/5.4.x/DD_OS_5_4_AdminGuide.pdf?fsearch=1&query=5.4+Administration+Guide&pagenumber=1&size=10&index=0&filterids=1175

Since BOOST work with both IP and FC I think you will be able to write to the same Mtree (Data Domain STU). However AIR/optimized replication is not working using Data Domain fibre channel transports.

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

yes, you can use the same STU in DD end, but i would suggest you to go with new Disk pool for this..

and also check if AIR supports for Data Domain fibre channel transports as suggested by Nicoali.

Priteshp
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi Nicoali/Nagalla

Thanks for the response!

I have confirmed from the support AIR supports DDboost over FC.