cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceling Vault Jobs Explanation

shmoolm
Level 2

Hello all,

I have Netbackup 7.5.0.4 and I'm running every week a vault job that takes all of my full backups from the weekend and duplicate it to tapes.

While the vault job is running can I open the tape library and replace some tapes or its locked?

Another question is, if I cancel the vault job, can I run it again? what will happened? it will only take the images that is not yet vaulted or it will start all again?

Thank you all.

2 REPLIES 2

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

While the vault job is running can I open the tape library and replace some tapes or its locked?

you can do that,(depends on your library hardware) if you have autoloader its not possible.

Another question is, if I cancel the vault job, can I run it again? what will happened? it will only take the images that is not yet vaulted or it will start all again?

it wont start all again, just look for the images which are not duplicated.

nesel
Level 4

Hi Shmoolm,

Please see my comment below..

>>>> If your using a robotic library, as much as possible, avoid not to open the library I/E port to deposit or unload tapes from the library, else you will encounter error 294.

>>>> Yes, you can re-run the vault job.

Thanks,

Nesel