cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Uninstall Netbackup Client 7.5

MSI_iqbal
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

i try to uninstall Netbackup Client 7.5 but after i press remove/uninstall button in add or remove program no process was started. i've try to do it by log in as local administrator but no luck. I try also by running netbackup client installation hoping that remove, repair option appear but its not. I just want to remove it by another way beside manual delete from directory and registry.

Best regards,

Iqbal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MSI_iqbal
Level 5

@All

Thanks for your sharing.

@nathan

I can uninstall the patch but the major release is the problem. After trying all solution, I guess I will try delete it manual from directory and registry.

Best regards,

Iqbal 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You did not say which OS exactly?

Try to disable UAC.

MSI_iqbal
Level 5

Hi Marianne,

Its in windows server 2008. Ok i try it, but still the same.

nathanmike
Level 4
Partner
@Iqbal, I had exactly the same issue on a windows 2008R2. You need to run the installer (Browser.exe) and got to installation -> Client Software installation and choose the 'remove' option. Make sure the option 'remove all symantec netbackup client configuration, catalogs, and log files' is checked. I have upload a screenshot for this (see the file remove-nbu-client.png). After it has been uninstall, verify from control panel -> programs, that it has been removed properly. Also, very in c:\program files, the folder veritas no longer exist and reg key has been deleted properly. For me it works perfectly ;)

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Always worth opening control panel using the right click "run as administrator" option

The first thing removed is the patch (7.5.0.x) which always needs elevation to install / uninstall

That will roll it back to 7.5 so repeat the process to remove that.

Hope this helps

nathanmike
Level 4
Partner
@Mark, You are right. it will first uninstall the patch(s) and then the major release. @Iqbal, You need to do the same for patch or major release following what i explain to you above. I have exactly the same issue as you and it works fine for me.

MSI_iqbal
Level 5

@All

Thanks for your sharing.

@nathan

I can uninstall the patch but the major release is the problem. After trying all solution, I guess I will try delete it manual from directory and registry.

Best regards,

Iqbal