cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot release SCSI/FC drive

Volker_Spies1
Level 4

Hello Forum,

we have a LTO5 drive with a stuck tape, ticket is open at manufacturer and waitung for a technician to swap the drive out.

My problem is that I cannt down this drive in NetBackup, The drive is shared between several media servers, and all server have the drive down exept the media server that had the drive active when the error occured.

I need this drive down, because netbackup thinks that the drive and the tape is usable! I startet a backup and this backup tried to write to the stuck tape.

When I try "vmoprcmd -downbyname" I get "Drive is currently assigned", but when I check with  "-crawlreleasebyname" the drive is not assigned to any media server.Even a "vmdareq -release -D "xxx" -H "xxx" says "drive is currently not reseerved (134)"

How can I deactivate this drive until the technician arrives and swaps the drive out.

Best regards

Volker

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

nbrbutil -releaseDrive <drivename>

Is what I would try to take the drive out tof he Active state

Usually do a reset before dowing the drive

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

nbrbutil -releaseDrive <drivename>

Is what I would try to take the drive out tof he Active state

Usually do a reset before dowing the drive

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

Volker_Spies1
Level 4

Thanks for your answer Michael,

a few minutes after I posted the qeuestion the drive was automagically released by NetBackup and I was ablte to down the drive.

So thanks for pointing out nbrb -releasedrive !

Volker