cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplication: SLP job, Status Code 191, but associated Backup successful.

wellssh
Level 4

NBU Master v7.0.1, W2K3 Ent. x64;

I have several, out of many, VMware clients being backed up by two policies separated by versions of VMware (v4 and v7).  These policies are configured with Lifecycle Storage Policies in association with our Backup-to-Disk technology.  I have several clients, who's Duplication SLP jobs lways produce a Status Code 191:  No images were successfully processed, even though the associated Backup jobs were processed succesfully.  Again, it's only 3 or 4 clients and always the same clients.

The Master and Media servers have both been rebooted since the polices were configured and started, but this issues is still present.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sven

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

wellssh
Level 4

....seems it takes a while after entering the 'nbstlutil cancel' command for this to take affect.

Problem now appears to be solved.

Thanks,

Sven

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

What does the nbstserv log show.

This is a vx log (-o 226 )  - I would increase DebugLevel and DiagnosticLevel to 6, wait for the nbstserv process to run a couple of cycles (wait for 2 sets of duplications to kick off) and then grab the log.

Regarding the log, it is all explained here (how to process vx logs)

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH75805

martin

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please also copy all the text in failed job's Details tab and post it here.

Details normally give a good idea of why duplication is failing.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Also handy to have the output of the following:

bpstulist -U

nbstl lifecyclename -L

Has the SLP been changed at all since those backups ran?

wellssh
Level 4

.....backup ran.  Modified the SLP by changing Storage from Tape to Disk.

I will increase the Debug and Diagnostic levels as suggested and post the findings in this thread.

Thanks,

Sven

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

This sounds similar to the other post on here today

Any backups to the SLP prior to it being changed will still have to go to the original destination storage unit

If that is no longer available then those images will need to be cancelled and, if required, manually duplicated

wellssh
Level 4

....seems it takes a while after entering the 'nbstlutil cancel' command for this to take affect.

Problem now appears to be solved.

Thanks,

Sven