cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of Install directory on Media server.

skarve
Level 4
Certified
Hello All,
    I have a simple 1 Master and 1 Media server installed on Windows. The master Netbackup sofwtare is installed on E: and the media server netbackup is on C: . Now the customer is in the process of rebuilding the environment. They want to do the catalog recovery. The only issue is that now the Netbackup software will be installed on E: instead of C: on the media server. Master server will still be installed on E: . How do I redirect restore of Netbackup catalog files which are pointing to C:\program files\veritas\netbackup\db to E:\Program files\Veritas\Netbackup\db (for Media server files).  I am not sure how am I going to achieve this. There is no redirect option in bprecover.
 Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Sumeet.Karve
3 REPLIES 3

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner
Which version on NB does your customer have ?

reson8
Level 4
If you are running NetBackup 6.x or higher, there is no need to perform a bprecover on the media server.  Media and device information is stored on the Master servers EMM database.

If you are running NetBackup 5.x, you can just install NBU on E drive. The bprecover process will detect the installation path has changed and restore the media server information to the E drive.

Taqadus_Rehman
Level 6
 you just want to move db or the whole installation.