cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure AUTO_UPDATE_ROBOT on netbackup 6.5.4

jason1325
Level 3
 Hi,

I am running Veritas Netbackup 6.5.4 on AIX6.1 with a IBM TS3200 tape library.
I am trying to configure auto_update_robot so that the media will automatically injects into the tape library whenever the operator loads the tapes into the I/O slots.
I have already edited the <Install Path>\Volmgr\vm.conf with AUTO_UPDATE_ROBOT, and restarted the server. However, I still couldn't get it to load the tapes into the library whenever I close the Media Access Port (MAP). Is there any other configurations that I must make in order to make it work?

I have read in the admin guide that "Media are injected if the robot generates a unit attention message." How do I know if the robot generates unit attention message? 

Any replies will be welcome. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
1) Latest firmware installed on your tape library
- I had recent issue with a HP library that did not auto-inventory the map after it was shut. Firmware fixed this.
2) Latest Device Mappings file for your hardware installed (http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/328211.htm)
3) The vm.conf you edited was on the robot control host (normally the master)?

jason1325
Level 3
 Yes, vm.conf edited was done on the master itself.

Is there any files that I can backup first before I applied the patch? In case the Firmware mess up the whole config?

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
> How do I know if the robot generates unit attention message?

Can you ask to IBM? Otherwise, only way I think of is to use SCSI analyzer!

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

The manual says not to use this if the library is partitioned, tld robots usually do not give a attention message if it is partitioned.