cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daemon failed accepting connections (59)

evilstrike
Level 2

Hello,

I'm just posting this here for those who are having the error mentionned in the Title when trying to run a manual cleaning job on a selected drive.

After doing some search in netbackup, I found that in my case the issue was caused by the cleaning tape showing up as 0 remaining cleanings.  Even though I had changed the tape (I kept the same barcode number) so it remained at 0.

The fix:

->Media and Device Management

-->Media

--->Volume Pools

----> (Select pool with cleaning tape, mine was in "None"

Then find your cleaning tape & double click on it.  Where it says "Number of cleanings remaining" change that to new count and add something like 250 (im not sure what is the optimal number for cleaning)

After doing this change, I was able to run a manual clean on my drives without having the error

I hope this helps others with a similar issue

1 REPLY 1

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

That is good info for why error.

But

The software will now try to use that tape 250 times for cleaning before complaining to you again.

this can cause issues with your drives, as you get more and more gunk on the tape that scratches your heads.  and the drive keeps asking for cleaning and just getting a used up cleaning tape again!.

You don't mention your type of tape drive.  Look it up, it could be anywhere from 10 to 40 cleanings and then the tape should be replaced.  So find out, and set it to the correct amount before you damage your drives.