cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted a client from BMR before BMR restore completed.

brin0019
Level 3

HI All,

I need help trying to recover a BMR client that I deleted when i was cleaning up some of the configs I created. Seeing that the client is down i can not run a backup to get the client to populate back into the bmr list of clients. I have tried to run bmrs command to recover but i actually think that is only if you deleted the current config and not the entire client. If anyone has any thoughts on this let me know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

You can still re-create that client current config. But it requires some manual steps.

1. Using NB restore GUI, restore bundle.dat file from that client backup image. It will be inside $NB_CLIENT_INSTALL_DIR/baremetal/client/data directory.

FYI: This file contains that client baremetal information saved during latest bmr enabled backup.

2. Using bmrs command on master, import this bundle.dat file using bmrs -o import...syntax.

Successful execution of this command will show the client BMR config in admin GUI,

3. Now check if you can do BMR PTR.

Thanks.

-Mandar

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

You can still re-create that client current config. But it requires some manual steps.

1. Using NB restore GUI, restore bundle.dat file from that client backup image. It will be inside $NB_CLIENT_INSTALL_DIR/baremetal/client/data directory.

FYI: This file contains that client baremetal information saved during latest bmr enabled backup.

2. Using bmrs command on master, import this bundle.dat file using bmrs -o import...syntax.

Successful execution of this command will show the client BMR config in admin GUI,

3. Now check if you can do BMR PTR.

Thanks.

-Mandar

brin0019
Level 3

I have restored the file and tried to import the file but this is the error i am getting:

#bmrs -operation import -resource config -path /usr/openv/bundle.dat -client xxxxxxx -destination current2
V-128-749 Operation failed due to network problem.
[Error] V-123-49 Operation failed.
#

Syed_saied
Level 4

Please refer below link, may be this is help full for restore your client.

www.symantec.com/business/support/resources/.../290231.pdf

brin0019
Level 3

Hi i have looked around trying to get this imported with little luck. All i seem to get is the network error listed above.

The link you sent me no longer goes to the pdf.

brin0019
Level 3

I was able to import, using the command suggested. I am not too sure if the first bundle.dat i restored was corrupt but the second one i restored worked without issue.

bmrs -operation import -resource config -path /usr/openv/bundle.dat

Thanks for the help mandar