cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different image size between duplicated image and its primary copy

Chia_Tan_Beng
Level 6
Hi,

Un-intentionally, I found a duplicated image has a different image size compared to its primary copy. It was strange to me as I've the impression that it should be the same (other duplicated images has the same size). I was using bpimmedia -mediaid xxxxxx.

Is anyone aware whether the images size showed in the output of bpimmedia command should be the same or it may varies under certain circumstances or configuration? If it does vary, under what circumstance?

Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

Chia_Tan_Beng
Level 6
Finally found the reason:

The primary copy of the image was backup to a multiplexed storage unit (although there's only 1 stream backing up to the drive at that moment). The duplication was done without "preserve multuplexing" enabled. Therefore the size of each duplicate copies become smaller and smaller (don't ask me why its getting smaller each time).

Derek_Black_2
Level 3
I think another reason is that the bpimmedia -mediaid option only measures the images on the media in question. In order to get a true idea of the size of the image, you should specify backupid and see if it is the same size.

bpimagelist -backupid xxxx -U