cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplication Question

Giroevolver
Level 6
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know how you can force Netbackup to clear its disk storage unit of duplicated data without manually expiring the images from the catalog?

This is on Windows 2003 64x netbackup version 6.5.3

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

quebek
   VIP    Certified
I would play with HIHG/LOW water mark for this DSSU?
ie HIGH water mark 0% low water mark 0%.
Never did that before, but maybe this is what you are looking for.

Taqadus_Rehman
Level 6
Quebek,

your comment is bit confusing as per my knowledge  High Water Mark value is a capacity level for a Disk Storage Unit at which, upon being reached, the NetBackup administrator is notified. In other words, with the default High Water Mark of 98%, once the Disk Storage Unit reaches 98% of its capacity, the administrator is notified.

I think Disk Staging Storage Unit is right way to do this job. users have the ability to directly create a Disk Staging Storage Unit (DSSU) when creating a Disk Storage Unit, and assign it to a Disk Staging Schedule.

quebek
   VIP    Certified
Where to look for desired behavior as was described in the original post.
Let me quote docs:
"Low water mark
When a disk storage unit becomes full, expired images are deleted to free space until the Low water mark is met. (Default: 80%.) On storage units used for disk staging, NetBackup may copy expired images to a final destination storage unit to create space.."

So lets assume that DSSU is 100 GB in size. Used capacity is 80 GB, all images lying on dssu were duplicated to tape. So setting the HWM to 79% and LWM to 0%, should start the process of deleting of images which were alredy duplicated.
Maybe the previous example wasnt the best one, but it is just an idea how I would try to solve that issue.

Taqadus_Rehman
Level 6
 Yes this is pretty much clear now.