EMM interface initialization failed, status = 92
7 REPLIES 7

Will_Restore
Level 6

Resolution:
Ensure that a localhost entry exists in the /etc/hosts file as follows:

127.0.0.1 localhost

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH57351

Test communication between the Media server and the Master Server by running the "bpclntcmd" command.

On the Master Server:

bpclntcmd -ip <IP of Master> (this should return the hostname, alias,and IP information about the IP entered)
bpclntcmd -ip <IP of Media> (this should return the hostname, alias,and IP information about the IP entered)
bpclntcmd -hn <Media Server Name> (this should return the hostname, alias,and IP of the Media Server)

On the Media Server:
bpclntcmd -ip <IP of Master> (this should return the hostname, alias,and IP information about the IP entered)
bpclntcmd -ip <IP of Media> (this should return the hostname, alias,and IP information about the IP entered)
bpclntcmd -hn <Media Server Name> (this should return the hostname, alias,and IP of the Media Server)
bpclntcmd -pn (this should return the hostname of the media server)

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH60970

ajalboush
Level 4

I tested all succeeded 

Amaan
Level 6

We are getting same error in the event logs. No idea what can this be. I checked all connections. everything looks good. onlything which i found is bpclntcmd -self from media server showed me this:

D:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin>bpclntcmd.exe -self
gethostname() returned: fp2
host fp2: FP2 at 10.35.32.111
host fp2: FP2 at 10.35.32.110
aliases:     FP2.fmi.com     fp2     10.35.32.111     10.35.32.110

What should i do to correct this?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

"What should i do to correct this?"

Add entries in media server's hosts file.
Give each IP address a different hostname.

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

I have see that when the EMM DB is in a SAN drive and during a reboot the volume doesnt get mounted on time and the EMM process cannot see the DB, bounce Netbackup and when is done show us the bpps -x output, also check if your DB is in place and mounted. If you installed NBU under a different location than /usr/openv/netbackup, check you have the proper soft links to the DB especifcaly /usr/openv/netbackup/var/global.

Let us know.

Regards.

Amaan
Level 6

Issue has been fixed in our environment after correcting connection issue as mentioned above. You can find the way to fix (communication issue) in this thread:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/multiple-nics-media-server

Sagar_Kolhe
Level 6

check for DNS or multiple IP's

check bp.conf entry on master server for that server. restart the services 2-3 times and then try.

if server is windows then check the drivers and also check zoning of the drives.