cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERR - failure reading file: D:\Logs\SP\GHDSPWFE3WPL-20150722-0818.log (WIN32 13: The data is invalid. )

T_N
Level 6
I have question, we have another backup job completed with status 1 , Error message: 07/22/2015 05:37:19 - Error bpbrm (pid=28113) from client ghdspwfe3wpl: ERR - failure reading file: D:\Logs\SP\GHDSPWFE3WPL-20150722-0818.log (WIN32 13: The data is invalid. ) I found the suggestion in Symantec support website https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH143884.html , it says : This issue is rooted in how the non NTFS file system returns stream data when responding to the backup API NetBackup uses by default (NTIO). To disable NTIO (which is enabled by default), a registry key and value must be created as follows: 1. Run regedit 2. Create the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\VERITAS\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config\NTIO 3. Under this key, create a DWORD value named "UseNTIO" 4. Give this a value of "0". A value of 0 disables NTIO NOTE: NetBackup 7.5 will create the UseNTIO registry key (set to '0') by default during installation on Windows, thereby disabling the use of NTIO by default. But client server ( window 2012) is running on 7.5.0.6, should we disable NTIO ? Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The registry entry should already be present on the client, so I doubt that the issue is with NTIO.

If this is the only file that is reporting an issue (or similar file on other days), then simply exclude it with something like this in Exclude List:

D:\Logs\SP\*.log 

My guess is that the problem is with Application logs that are constantly changing or being added or removed and probably never needed for restores.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
So... is D:\ an NTFS filesystem or not? Are you getting this error with this particular file only or multiple files on the D-drive?

T_N
Level 6
it's not NTFS, only particlar file

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Try this command on the backup client to show whether the volume is NTFS based, or based upon some other file system type:

> wmic logicaldisk list full /format:csv

Also, you may want to run a chkdsk on the D: volume, to check for file system errors.

Marianne
Level 6

The registry entry should already be present on the client, so I doubt that the issue is with NTIO.

If this is the only file that is reporting an issue (or similar file on other days), then simply exclude it with something like this in Exclude List:

D:\Logs\SP\*.log 

My guess is that the problem is with Application logs that are constantly changing or being added or removed and probably never needed for restores.