cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Client cannot backup data to SAN

khanhb
Level 4

Dear all,

I have a problem about Symantec Enterprise Client cannot backup own data to SAN, please help me about this problem

- Master Server: Window 2008R2 SP1 (Netbackup Enterprise Server 7.1.0.1)

- Enterprise Client: Window 2008R2 SP1 (Netbackup Enterprise Client 7.1)

When I backup data from Enterprise Client to SAN (configured Basic Disk), I recieved "Server is not licensed for Remote Client Option (2063)". But when I backup data from Enterprise Client to LUN of Master server (via LAN) is ok.

Please help me to fix this problem.

Regards,

KhanhB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

To check if its an issue with the license key, take the Enterprise Server Key from your master and add it to the Enterprise Client. Also uninstall/remove the Enterprise Client key from the media. Recycle the services and see if it resolves the issue.

You can use bpminlicense -add_keys and bpminlicense -delete_keys to do the changes from CLI.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6

Hi,

To check if its an issue with the license key, take the Enterprise Server Key from your master and add it to the Enterprise Client. Also uninstall/remove the Enterprise Client key from the media. Recycle the services and see if it resolves the issue.

You can use bpminlicense -add_keys and bpminlicense -delete_keys to do the changes from CLI.

khanhb
Level 4

Hi Riaan,

Thanks for reply from you. But when I add license key of Enterprise Client to Enterprise Client, I'll lost 1 license of Enterprise Server because I just have 3 license of Enterprise Server and 3 license Enterprise Client.

Thanks

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6

Hi,

This is simply a test to see if the license key is the issue. You will not loose anything, you have paid for the license and I understand that you want to use them in their correct places. I'm not suggesting anything untoward, its simply a troubleshooting step.

I've seen cases where the key had to be replaced by Symantec. Do the test and see if works.