cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Server Deduplication on RHEL/CentOS

Supra_James
Level 3

Hi All

I am trying to get the above to work. I am running a CentOS 5.6 (clone of RHEL) master server with a 64 bit CentOS 5.6 Media Server and a Windows 2008 R2 Media server. All servers are at 7.1.0.1.

I have been able to set up Media Server DeDupe on the Windows media server and it's working fine.

When I try the same process on the CentOS media server I get an error (status 25: cannot connect on socket). But this media server is already working fine as a regular media server, and has been for some time. It's fully contactable and shows as ACTIVE in device monitor.

This error occurs at the first step of creating the storage server.

Has anyone seen this? I'm fairly new to media server dedupe / puredisk so am not sure what logs to look at!

Cheers

James

3 REPLIES 3

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Can you post the exact error, did it a few weeks ago and also had hassles. My issue had to with name resolution on the RHEL box, or not really resolution, but the difference between FQDN and shortnames, and not having the domainname set, and not getting a FQDN when running hostname.

Supra_James
Level 3

It's actually working OK now. I don't really know what the issue was, as I was managing to confuse myself. After shutting down all daemons and cleaning up my various bp.conf files, it worked.

Cheers

James

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Not too confused then :p