cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error using FlashBackup-Windows

Puffy
Level 6
Hi,

I'm trying to use Flashbackup-Windows policy for this client. Previously was using NT-Windows. 

However I discover I encountered this 
Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error DeviceIoControl(\\?\Volume{7dbd10ee-6465-11dd-bf78-00110a62d110} - 000001B4,0x0053c008,000392B0,0,0003A2B8,4096,[0]). hr = 0x80070570.

Upon some internet search and checking, it was suspected to be permissions thing. I tried to put Netbackup client service log on with a administrator account but to no avail.

Wondering what other accounts is required for Netbackup to use the VSS for the particular volume. I did checked that the administrators group have FULL control over the volume in the log.

Thanks !!

2 REPLIES 2

schmaustech
Level 5
I would check the following:

-Open a command line on the host and type the following:  VSSADMIN LIST WRITERS.   Verify that none of the VSS writers are in a failed state.

-Verify that you are using the most recent VSS driver.

-Attempt a backup with NTBackup to determine if this is a Netbackup issue or Windows.  If NTBackup fails, then you know it is an issue with VSS.

-What happens if you reboot the system?

Regards,

Benjamin Schmaus

John_Stockard
Level 5
Partner Certified
Double-check the backup selections in your FlashBackup-Windows policy.  Remember that the backup selection list for a FlashBackup-Windows policy is radically different than the backup selection list for a regular MS-Windows-NT policy.

For example, if you wanted to backup all of the E: drive on a Windows client using a regular MS-Windows-NT policy type, the backup selection list would look like this:

E:\

To do the same thing with a FlashBackup-Windows policy, the backup selections list needs to look like this:

\\.\E:

Also remember that you cannot use a FlashBackup-Windows policy to backup the drive that contains the client's operating system (usually drive C:).  You also cannot use the "ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES" directive in a FlashBackup-Windows policy.