cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude Dates Tab

da_crusher
Level 3

Hello Everyone,

We are running Netbackup Enterprise 6.0 mp4 on Win 2k3 sp2.  

I wanted to know if there is a way when specifying exclude dates in the policy schedules, to have those dates set across all policies without having to perform the same task on each policy.

Thanks in advance!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

da_crusher
Level 3

Sorry I forgot to add this:  I finally asked support about this and they said there is no way to exclude dates across all schedules/policies.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Darren_Dunham
Level 6

Technically, the dates aren't set in a policy, they're set in schedules within a policy.  Do you want to do this for all schedules in all policies, or just for schedules with a particular name in every policy?

I don't know a way to use the GUI for this, but it should be pretty easy to do from the command line.

Get a list of policies (bppllist if you don't have a different one you want to use), then get the list of schedules in the policies (either a particular one, or if you want all of them, "bpplsched <policy_name>" and look for lines with the name "Schedule:".

Then to add the exclude, use "bpplschedrep <policy> <schedule> -excl mm/dd/yyyy" 

--

Darren 

da_crusher
Level 3

Thank you very much for the reply Darren.

What I am looking for is to exclude the holidays from all schedules.  It can be done within the gui- there is an exclude dates tab and you just select the dates you want to exclude on the calendar, I think this is virtually the same thing that the command line does (?). 

So from the command line, would I have to run the command for each date (and subsequently each schedule/policy) I would want to exclude?

Say I were to have 30 policies with 3 schedules each - that means I would have to run through the steps to exclude the dates 90 times in the gui.

I just think that a large majority of locations would want this functionality since many are closed on the major holidays..

da_crusher
Level 3

Sorry I forgot to add this:  I finally asked support about this and they said there is no way to exclude dates across all schedules/policies.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

You could put forward an enhancement request to Symantec for a Global Exclude Date option - you never know!!

You could also schedule a shutdown of NetBackup or the scheduler over the period you require.

Have just had a little play with scripting Darrens suggestion - unfortunately this is on a Solaris Master Server, but maybe something similar could be done on Windows?

#bppllist > policy.lst    # Commented out as you may want to run first & edit for specific policies

cat policy.lst|
while read POLICY
do
bpplsched $POLICY -U|grep Schedule|cut -d: -f2 > $POLICY.sched
        cat $POLICY.sched|
        while read SCHEDULE
        do
        bpplschedrep $POLICY $SCHEDULE -excl 12/17/2008
        done
rm $POLICY.sched
done

I was quite suprised, but this did actually work for the 2 Policies I included in my policy.lst file. Bear in mind that the above will affect ALL schedules within ALL policies in the initial list - you may want to break down or amend to only include certain policies and/or schedules.