cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding how much data was backed up till now

DPO
Level 6

Can someone give me the command to find out how much Front end terra bytes have been backed up in my master server. Ours is a capacity based license. We want to find out how much license is consumed thus far so that we can purchase additional licenses.

I tried nbdeployutil command but it shows be last month data. How can I find how many Front end terra bytes have been backed up ?

7 REPLIES 7

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If you are using nbdeployutil you can give duration switch for timeperio you wish . Let's say from past year :)

nbdeployutil --capacity --report --start MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss" --end "MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss"

This should return with all the details you want else contact yoru sales accound manager and provide them bpimagelist . They have internal tools by which they can help you getting information

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

NO need for totals 'till now'. Capacity based/front end license means you need to calculate ONE full backup per client.

DPO
Level 6

Speedfreak.....

I used the below command but it still didn't give me the result that I'm looking for.

nbdeployutil  --capacity --report --start "05/20/2012" --end "09/08/2012" E:\Veritas\netbackup\var\global\reports"

Even though I specified the above range, the output shows me last 1 month data. My intention is to calculate how much license is consumed till now so that we can purchase additional licenses.

Mariana,

Thanks for the reponse. Till now for a given client , many full backups might have taken place. So it is hard to find out One full backup per client. We are looking for accurate capacity report to make sure that we have enough licenses on the server.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please understand that front-end Capacity does not mean total amount of data backed up.

You only need to add up the data on each client that you are backing up.

For example, Client1 with 500GB of data getting backed up in full every weekend kept for 6 months.
ALL you need to add up for this client is 500GB.
THAT'S IT.
Don't add up all the copies that you are keeping.

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

last option is to reach symantec team, as mentioned in my previous post, they do have internal tools which help us in getting overview about our NBU era. sync up with them. They would surely help you out

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Please try "--hoursago" option instead, or supply date and time for "--start" and "--end" option.

Also try to run "nbdeployutil --gather --capacity" before you run "nbdeployutil --report --capacity".

DPO
Level 6

This option also didn't work ... I'm trying to find used capacity and also total capacity of my master server.