Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting errors on drives

Sharad_Singh7
Level 4

Hello All,

I am getting below error in var/adm/messages for a drive. Kindly suggest:

acsd[3617]: [ID 600385 daemon.error] Fatal open error on OC9840B_a1p03d01 (device 12, /devices/pci@82,2000/fibre-channel@1/fp@0,0/sg@w500104f00070cf7e,0:raw), errno = 19 (No such device), DOWN'ing it

Netbackup version:6.5.6

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The OS has lost connectivity with the drive.

Get OS and hardware team to troubleshoot.

Only when the /dev/rmt/#cbn path is usable and accessible at OS level can you UP the drive in NBU.

View solution in original post

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

If this is happening frequently, then you have a connectivity issue (zoning, cabling etc).

This is not a NetBackup issue as the drive is disappearing from the OS.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Marianne
Level 6

The OS has lost connectivity with the drive.

Get OS and hardware team to troubleshoot.

Only when the /dev/rmt/#cbn path is usable and accessible at OS level can you UP the drive in NBU.

Sharad_Singh7
Level 4

The drive is currently UP

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

If this is happening frequently, then you have a connectivity issue (zoning, cabling etc).

This is not a NetBackup issue as the drive is disappearing from the OS.

Marianne
Level 6

Keep an eye on devices and messages file.

If this happens again, you need to check drive status in ACSLS, physical data path between drive and server, other errors in messages file.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

A UP status in Netbackup does mean there is actual connectivity to the drive later on.

I expect the drive to go down upon next request 

If you are not responsible for the infrastructure, it's time to call a frind ...

Sharad_Singh7
Level 4

Thanks Marianne and revarooo

I am seeing on more error in /var/adm/messages for a different, need suggestion on this as well.

Feb  7 14:38:52 p02danbs04 avrd[29890]: [ID 727003 daemon.notice] st.conf configuration for OC9940B_a1p02d14 (device 17), name [StorageTek 9940B], vid [STK     T9940B], type 0x39, block size 0, options 0x18659 (see st(7D) man page)

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Different device. Are you having issues with device 17? I would concentrate on 1 issue at a time.