cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to backup Avaya IP Officeal

mberanek
Level 2

Hi, 

I would like to ask you for information how to backup Avaya IP Office version 9.1 virtual appliance. Is there any special routine for backup this device? Or should I backup it like any other virtual machine? Is it consistent backup, enabling full funcional recover of this device? Have you got any experience with this situation? Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Two good links from Marianne.

My answers to people requesting me to backup appliances, is going back to the vendor and get a official answer of how to perform backup correctly. I rarely hear from them again.

Most appliances are locked down completely without options to install any tools at all. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There is no NBU agent.
If you can use built-in tools to backup to disk or network share, you can use NBU filesystem backup to backup and restore the disk backup.

Google found these links:

http://www.commprod.com/Avaya/Blog/2014/November/How-to-Backup-Your-Avaya-IP-Office-Phone-System 

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28420/~/how-to-back-up-and-restore-your-ip-of...

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Two good links from Marianne.

My answers to people requesting me to backup appliances, is going back to the vendor and get a official answer of how to perform backup correctly. I rarely hear from them again.

Most appliances are locked down completely without options to install any tools at all. 

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

A virtual machine running on what platform? Vmware/HyperV? If so, back it up as you would Vmware/HyperV. If there is a DB inside that is on our supported list (and the vendor allows it as Nicolia said) then install the agent or enable applicaiton aware backup (if supported.)

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Problem is - VMware tools is required for a consistent backup if usign VMware. And if the appliance is locked down you not even allowd to install VMware tools....

That sort of installation is not allowd access to my backup system, we do it right or not at all :)