cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant see SL3000 library

Nas_lGidiyor
Level 4
Hello Gurus,

I installed a new SL3000 library . I make FC zone for I will use Media Server. I see the tape on Media Server (Windows 2008+Netbackup 7) but library did not come after device scan. is there Any idea about this issue ? Zone and FC cables correct.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Windows Device Manager should pick it up as 'Unknown Medium Changer'. No need for any driver installation.

Verify partitioning config.

See this section in the User Guide:

FC-SCSI Host-Partition Connections
An FC-SCSI partition can have one or more host-partition connections. The host-partition connection configuration is user-defined and consists of the following information:
■ World Wide Port Name of the FC-SCSI host bus adapter
■ Port number of the library Fibre Channel card
■ Logical unit number (LUN) of the partition on the host
See “Configure a Host-Partition Connection” on page 213 for detailed instructions on defining this information.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Can you see the the SL3000 in the fibre channel switch name server (this name server is not related to DNS ) ?

Does the lib show when running any low level fibre channel utilities like Qlogic SANSurfer ?

Nas_lGidiyor
Level 4
yes i can see wwn on the host from emulex HBanyware as "os device name unavailable"
other fine robot as \\.\Changer0

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Windows Device Manager should pick it up as 'Unknown Medium Changer'. No need for any driver installation.

Verify partitioning config.

See this section in the User Guide:

FC-SCSI Host-Partition Connections
An FC-SCSI partition can have one or more host-partition connections. The host-partition connection configuration is user-defined and consists of the following information:
■ World Wide Port Name of the FC-SCSI host bus adapter
■ Port number of the library Fibre Channel card
■ Logical unit number (LUN) of the partition on the host
See “Configure a Host-Partition Connection” on page 213 for detailed instructions on defining this information.