cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image import failed for image spanned into two media

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I've NBU 7.0.1 as Master server and 6.5.5 as media server for TeraData. Backup image was of 2.5+TB which was spanned into two medias. Now i'm trying to do import of those images (actually got expired couple of days ago but media was not expired). I'm able to do 1st phase. But when i execute 2nd phase Image import starts very fine but fails with error 50 as it didn't get 2nd media. But strange thing is dat it even didn't asked for it. Neither it gives any warning in details or Result pane  or gives any pop-up for 2nd media.

These medias were used in Stand-alone drive. hence requires manual intervention.

I thought of doing the same from my Library which is connected to Master Server. But EMM gives error as media ID are not unique. (already used with Stand alone)  Please give solution as restoration has been stuck due to this....

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Can you confirm that you have completed phase 1 import for both tapes before starting phase 2?

I remember a bug being identified with imports failing with status 50 after 2 hours. Is that what you are seeing?

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Marianne

Thanx for revert. Yes you are right but as image is approx 2.5+TB in size so i believe it's normal time which it is taking... But main thing is it's not asking for another media for completion..... I did phase 1 for both media and it went fine without any issue. But can't do phase 2 on 2nd media as it says image is continued from media 1.. so can't perform phase 2 on media 2...

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

Whilst doing any imports you cannot log off the system as it will kill them - this is due to it logging everything going on.

So if you are connecting via TS then make sure your session is kept active - just X out of the session rather than log off and connect back to it later.

This applies to Phase 1 and Phase 2 imports

Hope this helps