Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install NOM 6.5

Ialahmad
Level 5
Partner
Hi All;

I need your help , to provide me clear steps how I can Install Netbackup Operation Manager (6.5) and how link this with Netbackup 6.5 system (master server)

Kind Regards.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ialahmad
Level 5
Partner

I follow this steps over windows server.

·         Install the NetBackup client “Installing NetBackup client software on the NOM server”

By start Client installation wizard .

·         Install ICS software components “Installing Symantec Product Authentication Service on the NOM server

Insert  ICS CD/DVD  then Authentication/VxSSVRTSatSetup.exe

·         Install NetBackup Operations 

Insert the NOM CD/DVD  then  setup.exe

Then I openned   Internet Explore  on link   https://localhost:8443/nom/jsp/intro.jsp

Using default account

username:admin

password:Vxadmin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
I would suggest you start here: Veritas NetBackup (tm) 6.5 Operations Manager Guide & download & read the guide. Then come back if you have any specific questions.

You could also bookmark the following page for reference:

Listing of Veritas NetBackup (tm) 6.5 and 6.5.x Manuals and links to the respective TechNotes ...

from which the top link was referenced.

Mike_Gavrilov
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Simply install AT (root+broker), BPX and NOM. Nothng complicated. Your NOM version should te exactly the same as master server version (if you have Master 6.5.4, your NOM version should be 6.5.4 to overwise your master-server will be "partialy online" in NOM).

Ialahmad
Level 5
Partner

I follow this steps over windows server.

·         Install the NetBackup client “Installing NetBackup client software on the NOM server”

By start Client installation wizard .

·         Install ICS software components “Installing Symantec Product Authentication Service on the NOM server

Insert  ICS CD/DVD  then Authentication/VxSSVRTSatSetup.exe

·         Install NetBackup Operations 

Insert the NOM CD/DVD  then  setup.exe

Then I openned   Internet Explore  on link   https://localhost:8443/nom/jsp/intro.jsp

Using default account

username:admin

password:Vxadmin