cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of Symantec Netbackup 7.5 on Windows Server 2008 R2

imranassad
Not applicable

Hi, I am looking forward for fresh installation of symantec netbackup 7.5 on Windows Server 2008.

I have one dell power vault (TL4000) to attach with the server. I am looking for experts to help me out how to do the setup from scratch.

A step by step guide will help me. I am new at symantec products and also tried for installation guide but seems very confusing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

There are a lot of guides included on the installation media in the DOCS folder that do cover everything but there is a lot to NetBackup.

Once installed (pretty much Next -> Next etc.) then the first time you open the console it will do a first time run wizard

If you do it later then by clicking at the very top of the console level there are wizards for pretty much everything.

If in doubt it is well worth going on a training course with Symantec or a reseller or if funds allow get a partner to come in and set it up for you where you can get over the shoulder training on the way - at least that way you have a good chance that it will all be setup correctly and you willl have a good idea of how to use it - I am doing exactly that for a customer at the moment (though they will also subsequently attend a training course as well)

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Installation is pretty straight-forward.. Run the setup file, enter serial number, select the package to be installed from available and follow on-screen prompts.

For configuring library, connect it to server. Incase of FC, configure zoning. Confirm that the medium changer and tape drives are detected properly from Server Device manager. Install manufacturer drivers. Once done, From admin console run Configure Devices Wizard.

Is this what you referred to: http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5155

Step-by-step guide is clearly avialable in the above!

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

There are a lot of guides included on the installation media in the DOCS folder that do cover everything but there is a lot to NetBackup.

Once installed (pretty much Next -> Next etc.) then the first time you open the console it will do a first time run wizard

If you do it later then by clicking at the very top of the console level there are wizards for pretty much everything.

If in doubt it is well worth going on a training course with Symantec or a reseller or if funds allow get a partner to come in and set it up for you where you can get over the shoulder training on the way - at least that way you have a good chance that it will all be setup correctly and you willl have a good idea of how to use it - I am doing exactly that for a customer at the moment (though they will also subsequently attend a training course as well)

Hope this helps