cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Oracle *.DMP supported on NBU5.0MP3?

CheeHoong_CHONG
Level 4
Hi,
I am trying to backup/restore "Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0" exported DB from one server to another. While backup was partially successful (noticed byte counts differs between source/restored DMP file). Subsequent import at target managed to restore most records, but somehow ended with error. Any advise appreciated.

Thanks
Chong
4 REPLIES 4

Italo_Calvano_J
Level 4
Don't you use RMAN to Backup wich Netbackup Agent for Databases ?

If you excute a DUMP and befora execute backup to this file the restore will not apresent problems, only which the file to do backup is wich a problem.

CheeHoong_CHONG
Level 4
No, we don't have backup agent for oracle database. We execute oracle database export to a DMP file. Backup this DMP file using netbackup to tape. Use netbackup redirected restore to backup-server. At backup-server, execute oracle database import of DMP file.

Stumpr2
Level 6
Yes, this should work. I suggest restoring to original server first to prove the image is good before restoring to another server.

CheeHoong_CHONG
Level 4
Since done backup/restore of Oracle *.DMP file from one server to another (and vice-versa) without any problem. This case is closed. Thanks