cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to display the total expired images that occured on a Disk Media pool in a certain time frame

nbustarter380
Level 6

Hi,

Is there a way  to show the total in (GB or TB) of  expired images that occured within a certain time period?

just for exampe, I noticed on one of our media pools for a master server yesterday showed only 848GB + available left. However this morning it showed just over 5TB of space available. I just want to know if there is a command (or on the ADMIN GUI) I can look and see the total of what expired in a 24hr period or a certain time frame.

Netbackup Master Server 7.6.0.3

Best Regards,

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
There is no report or anything in the GUI that will give you this info. bpdbm log on the master and bpdm log on the media server will show images being expired. Probably 'Image Cleanup ' job in Activity Monitor as well.

View solution in original post

Marianne
Level 6
Yes. Log folders must be created. bpdbm on the master needs NBU to be restarted in order to start logging. I doubt that any of these logs will give you the size of expired images - probably just image id's.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
There is no report or anything in the GUI that will give you this info. bpdbm log on the master and bpdm log on the media server will show images being expired. Probably 'Image Cleanup ' job in Activity Monitor as well.

nbustarter380
Level 6

Hi Marianne,

Thanks for your response,  the bpdbm log on the master and the bpdm both have to be turned on correct?

I checked image cleanup (there are several) they dom't actually give the total amount in GB or TB of expired images however it's good enough.

Best Regards

Marianne
Level 6
Yes. Log folders must be created. bpdbm on the master needs NBU to be restarted in order to start logging. I doubt that any of these logs will give you the size of expired images - probably just image id's.

nbustarter380
Level 6

Thanks Marianne for your replies

Best Regards