cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Console Restore

H_Sharma
Level 6

Hello Experts,

I was restoring solaris flat files from the java console and i was getting 25 error.

We have master server winows 2008 r2.

I logged in to master server. Opened java console and put the solaris client in which i want to restore the files. I could log into it can see the BAR gui.

I could browse the desired directories. But when i go to restore it failed with 25 error code. Is there any settings in the master side for java console resotaration.

However i could restore from the master server.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

.... i was in BAR gui of solaris client.  

Check order of SERVER entries in the client's bp.conf.

If the Master is not 1st entry in bp.conf. the client will try to connect to bprd on wrong server.
Client restore request is sent to bprd on master.
Once master has located the correct image, it will send restore instruction to the media server.
You also need to verify port connectivity between client and master.

Restore from the master works because the process flow is different.
Master will browse catalogs, locates image and send restore instruction to media server. 
No connection between master and client.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

riaan_badenho1
Level 2
Hi Hargyan, I'm confused, you say it failed but you say you could restore from the master. Either way, there is no special reuqirements for using java console to do restores.

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Please reply with the detailed status and the version of NetBackup your using. 

Also are you using the java console from a machine that is not in the servers list on 

Also review the NetBackup status code: 25 tech note, as it contains alot of possable causes. 

rookie11
   VIP   

Hargyan : i have faced this problem on when opening java console from windows master or media server when listed file count is huge example: millions and millions of files.

try to restore small files by selecting some other server. If any production restore is waiting then restore by bprestore command.

H_Sharma
Level 6

Hi Riaan,

I opened java console on master that was windows 2008 put the credentials of solaris client and i was in BAR gui of solaris client. But i could not restore from there as there was an error 25. I could browse the files which i reuire but could not restore the same.

So i went to BAR gui of master server and restored from there it got successful.

So i need to know is there anything that needs to be done to restore from Java console.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

.... i was in BAR gui of solaris client.  

Check order of SERVER entries in the client's bp.conf.

If the Master is not 1st entry in bp.conf. the client will try to connect to bprd on wrong server.
Client restore request is sent to bprd on master.
Once master has located the correct image, it will send restore instruction to the media server.
You also need to verify port connectivity between client and master.

Restore from the master works because the process flow is different.
Master will browse catalogs, locates image and send restore instruction to media server. 
No connection between master and client.