cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP authentication with NBAC (?)

John_P_Lockney
Level 3
Certified

With UNIX/Linux master/media servers, does LDAP authentiation (NBAT) work with NBAC in NBU 7.5 ? 

The "NBU 7.5 Security and Encryption Guide" mentions NIS/NIS+ and Active Directory, and does not mention LDAP at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I use LADP with NBAC and Netbackup 7.5/7.6. Authentication type is a CRZ mention unixpwd.Configuration was more or less straightforward - 7.6 Ben the easiest one.

I do however recommend you to try it out on a test system before implementing on production.

Be aware that if you have crontab script running they will need to authenticate too. 
Hint : /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/nbac_cron -SetupCron

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I believe that via the "unixpwd" authentication type it's....well, "not impossible" is as far as I'd go without being able to test it myself.  I don't know how easy it is (and suspect it may not be easy at all!).  NBAC would essentially be relying on your O/S and pam to "do the work."

NetBackup 7.5 doesn't *directly* support LDAP and I don't think 7.6 does either (although we seem to have a lot of LDAP instructions for NetBackup Appliances 2.6?  They also seem to involve a PAM plug-in, however...)

DISCLAIMER: I really have no idea what I'm talking about here :)  I just did a few searches to see if I could find you any info.  Hope this....helps?

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I use LADP with NBAC and Netbackup 7.5/7.6. Authentication type is a CRZ mention unixpwd.Configuration was more or less straightforward - 7.6 Ben the easiest one.

I do however recommend you to try it out on a test system before implementing on production.

Be aware that if you have crontab script running they will need to authenticate too. 
Hint : /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/nbac_cron -SetupCron