cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux BMR restore client image to alternate hardware while the original server is online

blanco_adalbert
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Hello Every body!!

I would like to know if some body knows how to restore a netbackup bmr linux client image to alternate hardware while the original is online.

I have done the corresponding steps sugested on the tech note Restoring a BMR client to alternate hardware while the original server is online located on the url http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH87329.

I have change the discoverd configuration and made prepare for restore but in does not run. So i have reviewed the bp.conf on the server that is used to restore the bmr client image and i found that the required interface has the ip addres from the original server.

so wath i mean is, the original server has the ip addres 192.168.10.10 and the server that is going to use for restore the bmr image is 10.10.10.9.

both server can comunicate with the master server but those clients are on separated gateways. at the time of the bmr restore the bp.conf for the server 10.10.10.9 does not start the restoration process. reviewing the bp.conf  has required interface 192.168.10.10.

My question is, are there any command to run the restore if the bp.conf is changed to 10.10.10.9 on the required interface.

second question, how can i change the requiere interface before prepare for restore?

Best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

katlamudi
Level 4
Employee

You can mark the interface as "Required Interface" by editing intended "BMR configuration" as follows:

Hosts -> Add New Host --> Choose Role ( Client Required Interface)

Under "Hosts, first remove the old entry corresponding to role "Client Required Interface".

Then add the new one with required IPAddress and Gateway details.

Use this BMR configuration for Prepare To Restore(PTR).

============

One more technote related to Dissimilar System Restore for UNIX clients:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH62678

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

blanco_adalbert
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Hello Every Body!!

I have run the following:

bmrs -o querytree -r database -table config -id 465 -gui > /tmp/bmrconfig.config

after read the /tmp/bmrconfig.config i found the following: 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
<BmrData>
<EsmConf>
    <Id fromDb="1">395</Id>
    <Name>REQUIRED_INTERFACE</Name>
    <Value>192.168.10.10</Value>
    <EsmId fromDb="1">424</EsmId>
  </EsmConf>

<BmrData>

How can I change the following before the prepare for restore process:

<EsmConf>

<Id fromDb="1">395</Id>
    <Name>REQUIRED_INTERFACE</Name>
    <Value>10.10.10.9</Value>
    <EsmId fromDb="1">424</EsmId>
  </EsmConf>

best regards.

katlamudi
Level 4
Employee

You can mark the interface as "Required Interface" by editing intended "BMR configuration" as follows:

Hosts -> Add New Host --> Choose Role ( Client Required Interface)

Under "Hosts, first remove the old entry corresponding to role "Client Required Interface".

Then add the new one with required IPAddress and Gateway details.

Use this BMR configuration for Prepare To Restore(PTR).

============

One more technote related to Dissimilar System Restore for UNIX clients:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH62678