cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating NBU 5.1 MP2 from Linux to Windows

James_Butler_2
Level 2
Hi

I'm reposting this question as my original didn't attract any replies. Any helpful comments are appreciated.

I currently have an installation of NetBackup 5.1 MP2 on Red Hat Linux 3, clustered using Storage Foundation HA for Linux. There is only one master/media server "active" at any time. If one server fails, both master and media server failover to the backup node.

I wanted to consider moving the installation of NetBackup to Windows 2003 Server in the easiest possible manner. As mentioned, the master and media server are combined on one box. All options are on the table ie. can use the same Ip address, hostname, duplicate hardware etc. The only condition is that the exsiting catalog information must come across as synthetic backups of remote servers are done using this information, and recreating this would be painful.

I have read several articles on similiar scenarios, but not one quite like this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am after the simplest solution possible, as I don't have that much experience with NetBackup.

Thanks
James
1 REPLY 1

Stumpr2
Level 6
Did you see this post?
http://news.support.veritas.com/dnewsweb.exe?cmd=article&group=veritas.netbackup.enterprise.server.english&item=558&utag=