cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Drive Path

A_M_Ash_
Level 6

Hi,

i have media server linuxback  connected to STK sl3000 tape library on two drives

but i cannont see any drive on the server

Symantic Product Name: Symantec Netbackup

Product Version: 7.0.1

Operating System: HP-UX 11iv3

- when i do configure storage device scan i cannot see any drives assigned to linux server

- when i restart NetBackup service on all media server it cannot also see any drives

any help ??

23 REPLIES 23

A_M_Ash_
Level 6

hi,

now i am doing x2 check the zoning  ..  but when to open case with redhat  ..can you support me with data they maight need from NetBack side  like :

how to re install the device in the os before NB can detect it ?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Everything you need to know from NBU side is in Device Config Guide.

Show them output of cat /proc/scsi/scsi. That is all you need to tell them. This proofs that the OS cannot see the devices.

Have you considered HBA utilities?
Is there any reason why you have been ignoring previous advice about troubleshooting from HBA perspective?

rhm
Not applicable
Partner

Ashmawy, I noticed in your first post that you've mentioned HP-UX 11iv3.. So please confirm the linux OS version?

Take the backup of scsi file before, then for linux scsi scan (cfgmgr equivalent):

New Linux versions: echo "c t l" > /sys/class/scsi_host/hosth/scan

Or

Old Linux versions: echo "scsi add-single-device 0 1 2 3" > /proc/scsi/scsi

A reboot would also perform the same task, recommend you to reboot.

A_M_Ash_
Level 6

Hi All,

The last problem with linuxback media server is solved as :

we found that the problem was in the fiber card in the blade connected to the tape library ,We replaced it with a new one and every thing is OK now and do new zoning , i initiated a backup on the that media server and finished successfully