cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU 6.0 MP4 Win2k3 x64 Application error bpfis.exe

NYMPH
Level 2

Hi,

After we applied NBU 6.0 MP4, an error message came to occur in Win2k3 x64 Server.

----error Message----

Error generating application   bpfis.exe, a version 6.0.2006.1102, error generating module libfivsp.dll, a version 4.3.164.0, error generating address   0x0000000000001c32

Please teach me the dissolution method・・・・・

9 REPLIES 9

Martin_Sitte
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Hi,

I have the same problem on different clients regulary (same NBU Version 6.0 MP4, Win2K3 with SP2).
Exactly the same Event Error Message:

Faulting application bpfis.exe, version 6.0.2006.1102, faulting module libfivsp.dll, version 4.3.164.0, fault address 0x0000000000001c32.

Any suggestion to solve or further analyse are welcome.

Regards
Martin

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
Are the clients using VSP?
Try changing to VSS?

Martin_Sitte
Level 4
Partner Accredited
No, the Clients do not use VSP.

sdo
Okay.
Are you then using VSS or nothing?

NYMPH
Level 2
Thank you!

I do not use, too.  and VSS Nothing.

It seems the error is generated only in a database server.

Martin_Sitte
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Hi,

I am not using VSP but VSS is enabled on the servers.
Where is VSS konfigured in the NBU-Client Properties, there is only a VSP Tab?
Could the problem be related to Windows Server 2003 System State i.e. "Volume Shadow Copy Components" backup (Full Backup)?
The problem occurs on a File Cluster and on a 3-Node SQL Cluster (64Bit).

Regards
Martin

sdo
The choice as whether to use VSP or VSS or nothing is in the "Client Attributes" tab on the master server "host properties".

Do you take ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES in one go (one large backup), or have you broken the backups into smaller volume size chunks usings "allow multiple data streams"?

You hint that the problem is only in the Shadow_Copy_Components: backup, is this true?

Martin_Sitte
Level 4
Partner Accredited
>>The choice as whether to use VSP or VSS or nothing is in the "Client Attributes" tab on the master server "host properties".

All Client Attributes on the master server are grayed out (VCP and VSS are unselected).

>>Do you take ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES in one go (one large backup), or have you broken the backups into
smaller volume size chunks usings "allow multiple data streams"?

I do a weekly full backup of the c:\partition including System State / Shadow Copy Components.
The Problems seems to occur while the System State / Shadow Copy Components is backed up.
This also includes cluster specfic items which my cause the program fault.

sdo
Okay, it appears that you do not have a WOFB (Windows Open File Backup) licence, or WOFB is not supported with Win2003 x64.

It seems to me that you may have found a bug in bpfis.  I'd log a real support call with Symantec.  This forum is a user based environment, and is not part of official Symantec support.