cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU 7.1 media server, can't install device drivers

virtualeverythi
Level 4

I have a Windows 2008 x64 server with a SpectraLogic robot and 6 drives. I installed NBU as a media server and now trying to install the device drivers but it says that no valid installation found. Am I missing something here? This used to install on Windows 2003 servers fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

It depends what tape drive you have installed

You dont need drivers for the robotics - this should just say "unknown medium changer"

The tape drives are usually IBM or HP - you will have to check on their sites for Windows 2008 drivers for the drives that you have

Give us a bit more info. so that we can assist further

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

It depends what tape drive you have installed

You dont need drivers for the robotics - this should just say "unknown medium changer"

The tape drives are usually IBM or HP - you will have to check on their sites for Windows 2008 drivers for the drives that you have

Give us a bit more info. so that we can assist further

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The NBU tape drivers are for 32-bit media servers only.

As per Mark's post - download 64-bit driver from drive manufacturer's web site.

virtualeverythi
Level 4

They are IBM LTO5 drives and I was able to obtain from IBM's site.

Marianne
Level 6

Please take note of the following section in NBU 7.x HCL regarding IBM tape drivers:

If using the IBM Windows Tape Device Drivers be sure to choose the install_nonexclusive.exe executable. This option permits a tape drive to be accessed by multiple processes on a Media Server, which is a requirement for NetBackup.
NetBackup requires the IBM Data Path Failover feature to be disabled on the IBM tape device driver. To disable this feature, open the reg folder of the IBM driver
package, double-click DisableDPF.reg, and reboot the system.

virtualeverythi
Level 4

I do not see this disableDPF.reg in the 6.2.2.1 driver download. Can you send me the setting to change manually?

Marianne
Level 6

Seems the note in the HCL is related to driver version 6.2.1.7. See p. 149 of NetBackup 7 Hardware Compatibility List (HCL):    http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76495

If a newer driver version does not come with disableDPF.reg, my guess is that it is probably no longer required...