cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU Client install on linux Redhat Enterprise 5.2

dwilson1987
Level 3
Hi All, I'm using Netbackup 7.0, and am currently trying to install the client via a local install, this is the message im getting, [root@aucbulrv907 NB_7.0_CLIENTS_GA]# ./install Symantec Installation Script Copyright 1993 - 2010 Symantec Corporation, All Rights Reserved. Installing NetBackup Client Software Do you wish to continue? [y,n] (y) y Do you want to install the NetBackup client software for this client? [y,n] (y) y OS Level Options ---------------- 1. IBMpSeriesRedHat2.6 2. IBMpSeriesSuSE2.6 3. IBMzSeriesRedHat2.6 4. IBMzSeriesSuSE2.6 5. RedHat2.6 6. SuSE2.6.16 q To quit from this script If your Operating System is a newer level than those listed, choose the highest level. Enter Choice [1 - 6] 5 This package will install Linux/RedHat2.6 client. This package will install NetBackup client 7.0. Enter the name of the NetBackup server : aucsdcsrv087 Would you like to use "aucbulrv907" as the configured name of the NetBackup client? [y,n] (y) y Detected an attempt to install incorrect platform and/or operating system and version client binaries on aucbulrv907. A failure was detected running /var/tmp/NB_7.0_CLIENTS_GA/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/Linux/RedHat2.6/cp_to_client aucsdcsrv087 aucbulrv907 File /tmp/install_trace.3938 contains a trace of this install. That file can be deleted after you are sure the install was successful. Here is an output from uname -a Linux aucbulrv907 2.6.18-92.el5PAE #1 SMP Tue Apr 29 13:31:02 EDT 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux This is a fresh install for this machine, there are no previous agents on it. Our environment is as follows Master(Server 2008 R2), Media x2 (Server 2008 R2) Thanks in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner
32bit Redhat Client is on supported on NB7. Only x64 machines.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Possibly same issue as in this post?
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/install-client-package-netbackup-65-redhat-26

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner
32bit Redhat Client is on supported on NB7. Only x64 machines.

dwilson1987
Level 3
 Marek

Surely just because that this machine is 32bit Redhat, symantec would have to support that still surely?

If i read the install script i can see options for x86 in there....

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Marek is right - Have a look at the Platform Compatibility Guide: ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/337048.pdf

You should be able to install 6.5 Client.

dwilson1987
Level 3

So our envirmoment uses the new Dedupe feature for backups, i understand that the 6.5 client does not include the puredisk plugin on the client as on the 7.0 client. Is it possible to use a 6.5 client and use media server deduplication for backups?

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner

It's possible but deduplication is performed on Media Server.

dwilson1987
Level 3
Thank you for the help i will be trying this today