cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU Self Service

Bachchan
Level 6

I am testing self service in lab environment. I am trying to install NBU self service on the 2008 R2 server. As a prep work I installed the IIS role on the server and when I try to install Self Service and reach Database Installer Connection I get the error:

A Network related or instance specific error occurred while establishing a connectionto sql server. The server wasnot found or nwas not accessible. verify that the instance name is correctand that the sql server is configured to allow remote connections. (provide: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40- could not open a connection to SQL server )

Please Help

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I have never installed or used NBU Self Service, but I normally find the Symantec/Veritas documentation quite good.

I have just downloaded the Installation Guide and found a couple of references to SQL in the Prerequisites section:

The person who installs NetBackup Self Service needs a working knowledge of
SQL Server, Windows Services, and Internet Information Services (IIS).

Table 2-1 lists database requirement: 

■ Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or 2014
■ At least 5 GB free disk space for data and 2 GB for logs

Do you have SQL Server installed?

Step 8 of Installation section says that you need to select the Database Server. 
What did you select/specify here?

Thanks for the Reply Marianne!!!  I will go through the Installation guide and see how it goes.....

so finally I was able to install the NBU self service on the server and went through the installation guide for which i have to install IIS,sql sercer 2012 etc. 

the problem now I am having is that when I try to add locations in NBU self service I go through filling all the information in the dialig box in add location but after that it does not add locations neither it throws any error. Anyone has any experience in Self service?

I have 2 NBU domain in the test envirionment say nbu1 & nbu2 and I want to control the clients backups from the self service.......

Please help

JonHunt
   VIP   

Just came across this post, I appreciate it was a year ago so i hope you sorted out your problem.

There is now a section dedicated to NSS which I help to manage so anyone reading this with a similiar problem please post in the NetBackup Self Service section which is at the bottom of the 'Data Protection' category.

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup-Self-Service/bd-p/NetBackupSelfService